This Is What R.E.S.U.L.T.S. Look Like
John Horhn has been a tireless advocate at our State Capitol. He has, over the last 24 years, fought for education and economic development, and has helped bring over $500 million in projects to the City of Jackson.
Here are just a few of his accomplishments:
- Wrote the 1 Percent Sales Tax Legislation that will bring a Projected $300 million for water, sewer, and street repairs
- Championed the allocation of $92 million for the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and Mississippi History Museum, and actively raised Hundreds of Thousands more in Private Funds.
- Worked diligently on behalf of the City of Jackson to procure $82 million for the completion of the MS Telecom Center/Jackson Convention Center.
- Wrote the legislation that brought a $20 million investment in Jackson State that became the Dr. Robert Smith Parkway, also known as the JSU Metro Parkway.
- Helped Hinds County Board of Supervisors secure $20 million for the investment in Downtown Westin Hotel.
- Helped secure $500,000 for the Capital City Crime Study to help find new and innovative ways to fight and reduce crime in Jackson.
- Has a 100% voting record in support of Public Education